Audi 8V A3/S3/TT/TTS 034 Motorsport X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Cold Air Intake System
The X34 Carbon Fiber Audi MQB Cold Air Intake System for 8V/8S Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R equipped with 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3 engines has arrived! Offering dyno-proven peak gains of up to 15 crank horsepower and 12 ft-lbs of torque on a completely stock vehicle, and over 30 crank horsepower and 25 ft-lbs of torque on vehicles equipped with Stage 1/2 Performance Software, the X34 Intake System is the ultimate induction solution for your Audi or Volkswagen.
034Motorsport’s engineers thoroughly evaluated the factory airbox design to create a performance replacement that reduces pressure drop in the intake tract, while offering OEM+ fit and finish. The result is this complete one-piece MQB Carbon Fiber Air Intake Upgrade, which offers 100% bolt-on installation without the need for any additional pieces.
034Motorsport is proud to announce the X34 Carbon Fiber MQB Cold Air Intake System for the 1.8T & 2.0T EA888 Gen 3 engines found in the 8V/8S Audi A3/S3/TT/TTS & MkVII Volkswagen Golf/GTI/R!
034Motorsport’s engineers invested significant effort in developing a comprehensive OEM+ cold air intake solution for the EA888 1.8T/2.0T Gen 3, which provides noticeable gains in horsepower and torque over the well-designed factory airbox. Throughout the development process, multiple designs were modeled, prototyped, and tested, culminating in this elegantly-engineered Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake System.
034Motorsport engineers started by identifying the shortcomings of the factory intake system to determine which components restricted airflow to the turbocharger inlet. While the factory lower airbox and fresh air duct to the core support were more than sufficient for increased power levels, the factory air filter, upper airbox, and turbo inlet tube were deemed too restrictive, even with the factory turbocharger.
034Motorsport's mechanical engineers scanned the factory engine bay and modeled a one-piece unit to replace the factory intake tube and upper airbox. By eliminating the multiple couplers, transitions, and jagged features in the factory upper airbox and intake tube, 034Motorsport's engineering team was able to drastically reduce turbulence in the intake tract, and virtually eliminate pressure drop in the intake system before the turbo inlet.
Multiple iterations were prototyped in plastic using 034Motorsport's in-house FDM 3D printer and thoroughly tested. Ultimately, the best-performing design was a fully-enclosed unit featuring a massive 4" inlet at the air filter and a large-diameter one-piece intake tube with smooth transitions all the way back to the factory turbo inlet.
TRUE COLD AIR INTAKE
To ensure that the X34 MQB Cold Air Intake System draws in cool, dense air, the system is manufactured entirely from carbon fiber, and completely enclosed to prevent hot air from the engine bay entering the intake tract. By bolting to the factory lower airbox, this design allows the enclosed high-flow conical filter to breathe fresh, cold air from the factory inlet duct before the radiator.
PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER
The 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber Cold Air Intake system houses a high-flow conical air filter with a masive 4" inlet and double-layer pleated cotton filtration medium. This air filter design offers increased flow through an enlarged filtration surface, while ensuring superior filtration.
OEM+ FIT & FINISH
034Motorsport carefully selected the carbon fiber weave on the intake tube and upper airbox heat shield to match the factory carbon fiber engine trim found in Audi RS-model engine bays. The 034Motorsport MQB Audi/Volkswagen 1.8T/2.0T Cold Air Intake System was designed to fit like a factory part, and mates directly to the turbo inlet pipe and factory lower airbox to provide an OEM+ look.
DYNO-VERIFIED WHEEL HORSEPOWER & TORQUE GAINS
034Motorsport's engineering and development efforts were validated on multiple vehicles using our Mustang AWD Dynamometer to ensure that the 034Motorsport Audi/Volkswagen MQB Cold Air Intake System provided substantial increases in horsepower and torque on both stock vehicles and ones with upgraded tunes alike.
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque on Stage 1 2015 Volkswagen GTI:
- Stock Intake: 226 Wheel Horsepower / 296 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- X34 Intake: 235 Wheel Horsepower / 305 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 31 WHP @6,000 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 27 WTQ @ 6,000 RPM
- See Dyno Chart
Peak Wheel Horsepower & Torque on Stock 2016 Audi S3:
- Stock Intake: 232 Wheel Horsepower / 241 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- X34 Intake: 240 Wheel Horsepower / 248 Wheel Foot-Pounds of Torque
- Peak Horsepower Gain: 24 WHP @ 6,400 RPM
- Peak Torque Gain: 20 WTQ @ 6,400 RPM
- See Dyno Chart
PRODUCT FEATURES & DETAILS
- Developed In-House by 034Motorsport's Engineering Team
- One-Piece Design with High-Quality Carbon Fiber Construction
- OEM+ Fit & Finish Retains Factory Lower Airbox & Inlet Duct
- Fully-Enclosed Design with Large Diameter 4" Inlet Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Large-Diameter CFD-Optimized Air Intake Tube
- Dyno-Proven Horsepower & Torque Gains
- Improved Engine & Induction Sounds
- Increased Throttle Response
- Improved Airflow from Factory Airbox & Intake Tube
- Compatable with SAI Equipped & Non-SAI Equipped Vehicles - No Additional Parts Required!
- Installs Easily in Minutes!
- 034Motorsport Carbon Fiber MQB Air Intake System
- 034Motorsport Double-Layer Pleated Cotton Air Filter
- Integrated SAI Adapter Fitting
- Installation Hardware
- 2015 - Present Audi A3/S3 (8V - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- 2016 - Present Audi TT/TTS (MkIII - MQB) - 2.0T
- 2015 - Present Volkswagen Golf/GTI/ R (MkVII - MQB) - 1.8T & 2.0T
- Please Note: This comprehensive air intake system is designed to install on vehicles with or without factory secondary air injection (SAI) systems. No additional parts are needed!
About 034 Motorsport
034Motorsport is founded in a passion for the product, passion that drives development to high levels of refinement, and pushes innovation to levels that force others to imitation.
The goal at 034Motorsport is apply our passion, experience, skill, capital, resources and proprietary network of suppliers to create innovative, essential products for building the highest level of automotive performance. We are not simply a "distributor or reseller" of manufactured products (there are plenty of other companies doing that already). Our intent will always be to develop, manufacture and offer products that make us excited to unlock the doors everyday and put in 12 hour days that are essential to running a leading-edge business.
|Wheels And Tires||+Service & Maintenance||Items for Suspension Upgrades||Items for Drivetrain Upgrades||Items for Brake Upgrades||Items for Interior Upgrades|
|Items for Exhaust Upgrades||Items for Engine Upgrades||Items for Exterior Upgrades||Items for Electronic Upgrades||Lifestyle||Installations Overview|