VW MK7.5 Golf R AWE Tuning Track Edition Exhaust System
An exhaust for the hottest of VW’s hatchbacks, with options to suit every taste, and unmatched quality, fitment, performance and tone.
- SwitchPath™ Exhaust technology offers the perfect combination of well behaved and disobedient tones, all in one system
- Available as SwitchPath™ Exhaust or the lower priced Track Edition
- Max gains of 17 hp and 23 ft-lbs of torque at the crank
- Performance Downpipes features a 200 CPSI EURO6-compliant HJS catalyst
- Performance Downpipe available as resonated or non-resonated
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- Proudly engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Handcrafted from CNC mandrel-bent 3" and 2.25" U.S.-sourced .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- 102mm double-walled tips available in chrome silver or diamond black
- Less is more: clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Dyno-developed and street-proven on the in-house AWE Mk7.5 Golf R
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE Lifetime Warranty (one year on catalyst)
We wanted to make sure that the AWE Golf R Exhaust Suite had coverage for all sound goals and price points. Regardless of selection, every AWE Golf R exhaust boasts legendary AWE sound, performance, quality and fitment.
The SwitchPath™ Exhaust:
AWE SwitchPath™ Exhaust Technology is a proprietary solution that utilizes valves in the exhaust to control tone and volume. Controlled by a combination of throttle input and engine speed, SwitchPath™ Technology keeps the Golf R quiet and comfortable while cruising, but give it the boot and you’ll unlock an aggressive and exotic exhaust note.
The Track Edition Exhaust:
The lower-priced sibling, the Track Edition Exhaust, boasts all of the precision engineering as the SwitchPath™ Exhaust, minus the SwitchPath™ valves. In other words, this system is the “open valves” side of the spectrum, all the time, and will be most pronounced in the mid-range.
This version is known to get rowdy, and may be too much for many. For that reason, this particular version cannot be returned due to sound preference. Prepare yourself.
Please note: Customers choosing our Track Edition will also need a set of AWE Valve Simulators to avoid a CEL.
To further hone the tone and performance of your Golf R, we’re offering both resonated and non-resonated downpipe. Both versions feature our No Check Engine Light Guarantee, Fitment Guarantee, a unique flex-pipe section to isolate engine movement, and offer our Lifetime Warranty on the downpipe (one year on the catalyst).
- Resonated Downpipe: Slightly louder than the stock Golf R downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a sophisticated and distinguished tone. We recommend our Resonated Downpipes as the best choice for a refined presence within the Golf R cabin.
- Non-Resonated: Removes the resonator for a more aggressive note and greater volume than the stock downpipe. Featuring our No CEL Guarantee (even without software) and a pronounced note. AWE Non-Resonated Downpipes (and their associated packages) are only recommended for Golf R owners who like it loud, and this product cannot be returned or exchanged based upon sound satisfaction.
What’s in the box?
Complete SwitchPath™ or Track Edition Exhaust, four 102mm tips in chosen finish, and all necessary hardware for installation.
The AWE Tuning Performance Downpipes are for racing use only.
About AWE Tuning
AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes choice performance products globally through it’s preferred network of dealers, online and out of its headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, our elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.
Most AWE Exhaust Systems are made to order and are considered special order items, please inquire for production times.
|Wheels And Tires||+Service & Maintenance||Suspension Upgrades||Drivetrain Upgrades||Brake Upgrades||Interior Upgrades|
|Exhaust Upgrades||Engine Upgrades||Exterior Upgrades||Electronic Upgrades||Lifestyle||Installations Overview|